Shopping online for Pembroke Pines auto insurance is challenging if you’ve never compared quoting online. But don’t be discouraged because comparing prices is actually very simple.
Consumers should take time to compare prices at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. This article will instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. But Florida vehicle owners do need to understand the methods companies use to determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Fast and Easy Pembroke Pines Auto Insurance Quotes
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from different in Pembroke Pines, FLinsurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form will get you price quotes direct from many companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates is to manually visit the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from State Farm, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Pembroke Pines, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is to waste gas driving to local Pembroke Pines insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to get prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use the exact same quote information for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different liability limits it will be impossible to find the best deal in Pembroke Pines. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps locate lower pricing.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose companies with discount auto insurance rates in Florida, click here.
Quote online but work with a neighborhood agent
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Pembroke Pines who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Selecting a company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
The different types of insurance agents
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Pembroke Pines are classified as either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are captive insurance agents in Pembroke Pines who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 8936 Taft St – Pembroke Pines, FL 33024 – (954) 441-5000
- State Farm Insurance – 15843 Pines Blvd – Pembroke Pines, FL 33027 – (954) 435-7776
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Pembroke Pines that can give you comparison quotes.
- Alpine Insurance – 12141 Taft St – Pembroke Pines, FL 33026 – (954) 432-8484
- Stettner Insurance Inc – – Pembroke Pines, FL 33024 – (954) 432-2221
To view a complete directory of Pembroke Pines insurance agents, visit this site.
After receiving positive responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Florida?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Pembroke Pines?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Florida?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
What impacts Pembroke Pines insurance rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rates.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. It usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Auto insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all have a common claim that you can save if you change to them. But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer might be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. A customer who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will be charged a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can state the savings. That is why it is so important to get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know the company that will provide you with the cheapest rates.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your auto insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Learn more about auto insurance in Florida
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, get help finding coverage, report car insurance fraud, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.