Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
With so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the most affordable provider.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. But Utah car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies price insurance differently.
Low Cost Santaquin Car Insurance
There are multiple methods to shop for car insurance, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Santaquin, or you can stay home and use the web for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and every company provides a quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for form submissions for every car insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you are unable to specify which carriers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in Utah. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare exactly the same coverage limits with each company. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine the best price in Santaquin. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. And when quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more company’s prices helps locate the best price.
What impacts Santaquin insurance rates?
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and performers receive lower rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many car insurance companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Utah give discounts to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Not having insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Utah department of motor vehicles.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Santaquin may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Santaquin, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Utah?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What are Utah no-fault laws?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Santaquin.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How’s that for easy! You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent.
The different types of insurance agents
When researching a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are either captive or independent (non-captive).
These agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you should always include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Once you have good answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Affordable car insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Santaquin insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the website for the Utah Insurance Department found here. Consumers can read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, and find out which companies have the most complaints.