Vehicle owners fed up with high insurance rates and are new to comparison shopping online might discover purchasing is nearly impossible.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons at least once a year because insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best quotes two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You can waste a lot of time driving to insurance agencies in Hagerman, or you could save time and use the internet to get prices fast.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to submit one quote, and every company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each company.
To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose which companies to receive prices from. If you wish to select specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in Idaho. View list of Idaho insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just do your best to use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each quote you get. If you enter different data it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison in Hagerman.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive better car insurance rates.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure several vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- Geico has savings for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and federal employee.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, IntelliDrive, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, family plan, multi-policy, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, youthful driver, business and professional, multi-car, early shopping, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, safety device, claim free, anti-theft, defensive driver, and online shopper.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, ease of repair, accident-free, and annual mileage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Hagerman. To see a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Idaho, follow this link.
Even more information can be read at the Idaho Department of Insurance website. Idaho consumers can find disaster information, download brochures, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and get help finding coverage.
Also read more on this online resource for free quotes in Idaho and this page of insurance agents in Hagerman.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
As you , don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
Lower-priced car insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting . Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.