If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the vast number of online auto insurance companies and websites selling insurance in Aliquippa.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best price a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some proven techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Locating the cheapest auto insurance in Aliquippa is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Pennsylvania drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare company rates online.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Getting a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. You just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- Another way to shop for auto insurance online is to take the time to go to the website of each company to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, Safeco and Travelers. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in Aliquippa, click here.
- The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is driving around to local Aliquippa insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the personal advice of a local Aliquippa agent. However, consumers can price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare exactly the same information for every quote you compare. If you use differing limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Aliquippa.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you quote, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Resident Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Lower your Aliquippa Auto Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as pilots, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
What happened to insurance agents?
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Aliquippa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Aliquippa who will compete for your business. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?!
If you want to select a specific agent in Aliquippa, go to this page.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
After receiving good answers to your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurer that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Additional information is located on the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website located here. Consumers can find out industry alerts, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim about savings after switching to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher prices which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest rates.
Smart shoppers get results
Discount auto insurance is definitely available online in addition to many Aliquippa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.