Scraping up a payment for overpriced auto insurance can drain your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the absolute lowest rate possible.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Buying car insurance in American Falls is quite easy. But Idaho car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts can save BIG
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose companies with discount auto insurance rates in Idaho, click this link.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
All major auto insurance companies quote prices for coverage online. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you simply enter the coverages you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
The easy way to compare rates
The quickest way to lower your auto insurance bill makes use of a single form to return rates from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison a little more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can select your choice of the quote results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process only takes a few minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Factors that affect insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Companies in Idaho provide discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- With age comes lower rates – Young drivers in Idaho are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Idaho minimum liability coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare online but buy from a local American Falls agent
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in American Falls who will compete for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in American Falls?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in American Falls are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of captive agents in American Falls who may provide you with price quote information.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 435 Lincoln St – American Falls, ID 83211 – (208) 226-5066
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you should always include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in American Falls that can give you price quote information.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 435 Lincoln St – American Falls, ID 83211 – (208) 226-5066
All Coverage Insurance – 223 Idaho St – American Falls, ID 83211 – (208) 226-2309
For a full directory of insurance agents in American Falls, view this link.
After getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
Can switching companies really save?
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside these standards will be quoted more money which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you should compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Cheaper auto insurance is available from both online companies and with local American Falls insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Learn more about Idaho auto insurance
Additional detailed information can be read at the Idaho Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to learn about specific coverages, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and view a list of available companies.