People not familiar with comparing insurance rates online can find shopping for the cheapest Anderson car insurance very challenging.
Buying car insurance in Anderson is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. South Carolina drivers just need to know the proper way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Rate influencing factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Just one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the South Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in South Carolina award lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Anderson may trigger a car insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Anderson, click here to view.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. How cool is that?!
Selecting a company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-84.jpg" alt="South Carolina car insurance quote”/>
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Anderson insurance agencies are either independent or captive
When searching for a good Anderson insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Agents are classified as either captive or independent. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can impact the selection process.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are captive insurance agents in Anderson that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1816 E Greenville St # B – Anderson, SC 29621 – (864) 224-0803
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1308 Whitehall Rd – Anderson, SC 29625 – (864) 224-2548
- State Farm Insurance – 1405 Pearman Dairy Rd – Anderson, SC 29625 – (864) 231-9312
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Anderson independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Citizens Insurance Co – 602 N Main St – Anderson, SC 29621 – (864) 226-0354
- Lawrence and Brownlee Agency – 821 N Main St – Anderson, SC 29621 – (864) 225-8222
- Buffamoyer Agency – 1909 N Main St – Anderson, SC 29621 – (864) 224-7521
- Peoples Agency – 3901 Clemson Blvd – Anderson, SC 29621 – (864) 224-7444
- Palmetto Insurance – 1807 N Boulevard – Anderson, SC 29621 – (864) 225-1633
For a full directory of car insurance agents in Anderson, simply jump to this page.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be a mature driver, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be charged higher prices and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings. That is why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
For more reading
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. South Carolina drivers can learn about insurance regulations, view agent and company licensing information, download brochures, and find out industry alerts.
Shop smart and save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount car insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Anderson, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.