Expensive car insurance can empty your personal savings and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances. Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
How to Compare Car Insurance
All the larger car insurance companies quote insurance quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing is quite easy as you just type in your required coverages into a form. After you submit the form the system will order reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote. Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to do this if you want to find the best price on car insurance.
There is a better way to compare rates
The smarter way to lower your rates uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. Once the form is submitted, it is rated and you can choose any one of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
In order to compare rates now, click here and fill out the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Parts of the Dodge Challenger rate equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, engineers and homemakers pay the least on Challenger coverage.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when it comes to car insurance. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the same claim about savings if you move to them.
How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet these standards must pay a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This illustrates why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Summing up your car insurance search
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Dodge Challenger insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.