Cutting costs on Artesia car insurance can seem to be nearly impossible for people who are new to buying insurance online. Consumers have so many options that it can be a real challenge to compare prices in Artesia.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Rate influencing factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurers give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers in New Mexico have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a teen driver to your car insurance policy can break the bank. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like lawyers, executives and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as pilots, students and retirees pay the least.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with severe tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- What are your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Low Cost Artesia Car Insurance
All the larger car insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive quote price estimates online. Getting quotes doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote.
Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to do this in order to get a better rate.
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form to get prices from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the quote results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. It takes 15 minutes at the most and can result in significant savings.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How does each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Artesia can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Artesia, follow this link.
Car Insurance through a local agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Artesia.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Artesia who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Artesia car insurance agents are either independent or captive
When researching a local agent, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Artesia are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both write coverage properly, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you contact several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Artesia willing to provide price quotes.
- Ronnie Jackson Agency – 518 W Main St – Artesia, NM 88210 – (505) 746-2753
- George Gandy Insurance Svc – 510 W Texas Ave # A – Artesia, NM 88210 – (505) 748-2000
- Don Moore Insurance – 604 W Main St – Artesia, NM 88210 – (505) 748-1293
Captive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Deciding on a car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Upon receiving positive responses to your questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the New Mexico Insurance Division website found here. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, read industry bulletins, and file complaints about a company.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Budget-conscious car insurance is attainable online in addition to many Artesia insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.