If you’re searching for lower-cost insurance online, are you baffled by the dozens of auto insurance companies in your area? There are so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a difficult situation to compare premium rates. If you live there, you know that Lebanon is the perfect city to reside in, but paying high auto insurance rates makes it very hard to keep a tight budget.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Pricing affordable coverage in Lebanon is easy if you know what you’re doing. Kentucky drivers only need to know the tricks to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage online. This process is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information into the form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system collects your driving record and credit report and returns a price.
Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest auto insurance rates.
Online rates the easy way
A better way to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form that obtains quotes from more than one company. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much easier. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. This process just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To use this form to compare rates, click here and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will get rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Five discounts to earn lower Lebanon auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before being credited.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Distant Student – who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – Some auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, good driver, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, alternative fuel, pay in full, business and professional, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, five-year accident-free, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, paperless, paid in full, multi-policy, company car, good student, and teen driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, good student, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, safe driver, youthful driver, and driver training.
- USAA offers discounts for new vehicle, driver training, family discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Before buying, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Additional detailed information is located at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Kentucky drivers can find out industry alerts, file complaints about a company, learn about insurance regulations, and view agent and company licensing information.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Uncover the Secrets to Cheaper Lebanon Tennessee Car Insurance
- 8 Excellent Ways to Pay Lower Car Insurance Rates in Lebanon
- Easy Ways to Spend Less on Lebanon Car Insurance
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Consumers in Kentucky can’t get away from all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to advertise claims about saving some big amount if you move your coverage.
How can each company have lower policy pricing? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers have specific criteria for the type of customer that will generate a profit. An example of this type of insured might have to be over the age of 50, has few claims, and has great credit. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good Lebanon rates and will probably cut their rates if they switch.
Insureds who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will see a higher premium and this results in the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. That’s why companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates. This illustrates why drivers should do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you never know which auto insurance company will provide the lowest rates.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability – This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Kentucky requires drivers to carry at least 25,000/50,000/10,000 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, hail damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your vehicle.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, surgery and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Keep this in mind
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the lowest prices come from the smaller companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is actually quite simple.
As you , make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.