Paying for high-priced auto insurance can overdraw your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you’re not throwing money away. Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage before your policy renews because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Fast and Easy Barre Auto Insurance Quotes
Finding cheaper auto insurance prices doesn’t have to be difficult. You just have to spend a little time to get quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quotes for every auto insurance company. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons .
- A harder way to get comparison quotes is going to each company website and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare Progressive, Allstate and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Barre, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates to local Barre insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained guidance of a local Barre agent. Drivers can get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage information for each comparison quote. If you enter different liability limits it’s impossible to make a fair comparison in Barre.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose companies offering auto insurance discounts in Vermont, click this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?!<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-2.jpg" alt="Barre Vermont auto insurance“/>
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Best insurance agent in Barre
When looking for local Barre agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Barre agents are either captive or independent. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of captive agencies in Barre willing to provide price quotes.
Allstate Advance Look Bldg – 14 Merchant St – Barre, VT 05641 – (802) 476-4307
State Farm Insurance – 200 S Main St – Barre, VT 05641 – (802) 479-3353
These agents do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Barre independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Richardson Insurance – 1 Campbell Pl – Barre, VT 05641 – (802) 479-2556
Richard Otis Agency Inc – 60 Apple Blossom Rd – Barre, VT 05641 – (802) 479-1375
Romeo Bilodeau Insurance – 5 Adams St – Barre, VT 05641 – (802) 476-8385
To view a full list of insurance agents in Barre, visit this site.
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation website. Vermont consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest auto insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Barre, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.