I doubt anyone looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof. There are many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal because auto insurance rates change regularly. If you had the lowest rate a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to buy cheaper auto insurance.
Cutting your Baytown auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just need to invest a little time to compare to find out which insurance company has . Price comparisons can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This quick form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every prospective company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates instantly.
- A slightly less efficient method to find better pricing is going to the website for every company you want to comare and repeat the quote process again and again. For example, let’s say you need rates from Liberty Mutual, State Farm and Travelers. To do that, you would have to visit each site to input your insurance information, and that explains why we recommend the first method.
To view a list of companies in Baytown, click here.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended way to price shop rates is driving to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance only provided by licensed Baytown agents. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but make absolute certain that you use equivalent coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If you have different deductibles it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in Baytown.
What if I want to buy from local Baytown insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Baytown who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Below are agents in Baytown that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 6948 Garth Rd, Baytown, TX 77521 – (281) 421-1616
Harris County Insurance Ctr – 608 Rollingbrook St, Baytown, TX 77521 – (281) 427-6511
Farm Bureau Insurance – 10403 Eagle Dr, Baytown, TX 77520 – (281) 576-0407
Associate Insurance – 1701 N Main St, Baytown, TX 77520 – (281) 428-2588
Mark Farris Agency – 313 S Highway 146 # A, Baytown, TX 77520 – (281) 428-0996
If you receive positive responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
Some additional reading
Even more information can be read at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Texas drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, view a list of available companies, and read state legal mandates and laws.