Price shopping your White House car insurance can be nearly impossible for drivers not familiar with buying insurance online. With so many companies in the marketplace, it can be a lot of work to find the best price in Tennessee.
When looking for , there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most recommended method consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for every prospective company. One quote request will return price quotes from multiple companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more time consuming way to find better pricing is to take the time to go to each company’s website and get a separate price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want to get rates from Geico, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. To get each rate you have to spend time going to each site individually to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which can get old fast. For a handy list of car insurance company links in White House, click here.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be sure you’re using identical deductibles and coverage limits for each quote you get. If each company quotes differing limits it’s not possible to determine the best price in White House. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages or limits could skew the results. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices helps locate better pricing. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
Seven discounts for lower Tennessee car insurance rates
Some companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Geico may have discounts that include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, multi-policy, ease of repair, good student, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, distant student, teen driver, youthful driver, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe driver, teen driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, safety features, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- USAA offers premium reductions for multi-policy, annual mileage, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, family discount, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not apply in your state. To view insurers that offer multiple discounts in White House, click here to view.
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, legal defense fees, attorney fees, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25,000/50,000/15,000 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your vehicle.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Tennessee limits are 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Much more information about car insurance in Tennessee is located on the located here. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, view a list of available companies, find out industry alerts, and discover disciplinary actions.
Quote often and quote early
Cheaper car insurance is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.