Saving money on Fairborn auto insurance could be difficult for drivers who are beginners to online comparison shopping. With so many agents and companies competing online, it can easily be a real hassle to find a more affordable company.
You should take the time to compare premium rates before your policy renews since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rate a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this post is to tell you how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. Ohio vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to get comparison quotes online.
Four things that impact your premiums
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of insurers will give a discount to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare other insurance prices to ensure the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Keep the miles off and save – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Cheap auto insurance rates for being claim-free – Car insurance companies in Ohio provide cheaper rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Better prices on safer vehicles – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your car or truck has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
There are several ways to compare auto insurance prices and some are more efficient than others. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance companies in Fairborn, or you can stay home and use the web to get prices fast.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each company can give them a price. This eliminates the need for quote forms to every company.
To access this free quoting program, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers to receive prices from. So if you want to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in Ohio. Click here for list of insurance companies in Ohio.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but make sure you use apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you use different data it will be impossible to determine which company has the best rates in Fairborn.
Take policy discounts and save
Some companies don’t always list all possible discounts very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Fairborn drivers who agree to allow their company to look at driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Multiple Cars – Having primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies who might offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. And buying from small agencies is especially important in Fairborn.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Fairborn who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
To make it easy to find an insurance agency in your neighborhood, visit this complete selection of Fairborn, OH insurance agencies.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fairborn?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
After you get answers to your satisfaction and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that can properly insure your vehicles.
More information can be read on the found here. Ohio consumers can report car insurance fraud, read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Fairborn
- Finding a Good Auto Insurance Provider in Fairborn
- Learn How to Pay Less for Fairborn, OH Auto Insurance
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you , the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
Affordable auto insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Fairborn agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.