If price shopping is new to you, by this point your are probably bewildered thanks to the incredible selection of companies that all promise the best rates.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Some providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you but check with your company.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, teen driver, alternative fuel, good student, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, safety device, claim free, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safe driver, drive less, homeowner, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, multiple policy, anti-theft, safe vehicle, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
If you need lower rates, check with every company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in South Carolina, follow this link.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information including whether you are married, how much school you completed, if the vehicle is leased, and if your license is active. That information gets transmitted to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and complete the form.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
The cheapest auto insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many Fountain Inn insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.