Buying the most affordable Grand Junction auto insurance on the web is impossible for consumers new to buying insurance on the web. Because there are so many online companies available, how can Grand Junction drivers have a chance to compare every company to locate the cheapest rates?
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Colorado, click here to view.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Grand Junction.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Grand Junction who will compete to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent.
What type of Grand Junction insurance agency is right for you?
When finding an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Grand Junction are either independent or captive.
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include at least one independent agent for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Grand Junction that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Robert P Manfred Agency – 1938 N 9th St # 9 – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 243-7000
- Cozza Agency – 2501 Blichmann Ave # 105 – Grand Junction, CO 81505 – (970) 242-4999
- Talbot Agency Inc – 2501 Blichmann Ave – Grand Junction, CO 81505 – (970) 241-1828
- King Insurance Svc – 3002 I-70 Business Loop # 2 – Grand Junction, CO 81504 – (970) 523-1118
- Mountain West Insurance – 425 North Ave – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 242-8533
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Grand Junction who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 743 N 12th St – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 243-0470
- State Farm Insurance – 3092 I-70 Business Loop – Grand Junction, CO 81504 – (970) 523-9700
- Allstate Insurance – 1229 N 23rd St – Grand Junction, CO 81501 – (970) 245-6053
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 627 24 1/2 Rd # B – Grand Junction, CO 81505 – (970) 242-9249
- American Family Insurance – 666 Patterson Rd # G – Grand Junction, CO 81506 – (970) 241-6132
To view a complete directory of captive insurance agents in Grand Junction, click here to link.
Deciding on a car insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How are they compensated?
Upon getting positive feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can provide auto insurance coverage.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching to their company. How does each company make the same claim?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could be over the age of 50, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match this ideal profile must pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why you should get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Some additional reading
More information can be found on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Click here for link. Colorado consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find disaster information, and learn about specific coverages.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Cheaper auto insurance is possible on the web and with local Grand Junction insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.