Are you confused by the number of auto insurance company choices in Hattiesburg? You’re not the only one! Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a big hassle to find lower rates.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best rates six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Buying the best protection in Hattiesburg is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Mississippi drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to get comparison quotes online.
How much can you save with discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To choose insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Hattiesburg, follow this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in Mississippi?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood agents for auto insurance
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Educated insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Hattiesburg.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Now that’s easy!
Two types of Hattiesburg insurance agencies
When finding a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agencies in Hattiesburg can either be captive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Hattiesburg that can give you price quote information.
- South Group Ins-Galey Agency – 814 W Pine St – Hattiesburg, MS 39401 – (601) 544-2122
- Brock-Wyman Insurance – 2010 Oak Grove Rd # A – Hattiesburg, MS 39402 – (601) 268-8838
- Woodmen Of The World Insurance – 122 S 10th Ave – Hattiesburg, MS 39401 – (601) 544-3218
- Galey Agency – 115 Thornhill Dr – Hattiesburg, MS 39402 – (601) 583-0033
- Nowell Agency – 6645 U S Highway 98 # 1 – Hattiesburg, MS 39402 – (601) 264-8494
Captive agents write business for a single company like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of captive insurance agents in Hattiesburg willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 6106 U S Highway 98 # 20 – Hattiesburg, MS 39402 – (601) 264-1117
- Shelter Insurance – 6102 U S Highway 98 – Hattiesburg, MS 39402 – (601) 264-5412
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 3 Woodstone Dr – Hattiesburg, MS 39402 – (601) 264-0330
- Allstate Insurance – 2009 Hardy St # F – Hattiesburg, MS 39401 – (601) 544-8005
- Farmers Insurance Group – – Hattiesburg, MS 39402 – (601) 296-1180
To view a full list of auto insurance agents in Hattiesburg, please view this page.
Selecting a car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How are claims handled?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Once you have acceptable answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
More information can be read on the Mississippi Insurance Department website located here. Mississippi consumers can report car insurance fraud, view a list of available companies, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Affordable insurance is out there
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
Cost effective auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Hattiesburg insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just covered many ways to save on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.