Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and Geico all claim big savings, bombarding you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
Comprehensive Newport Car Insurance Comparison
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage online. Getting quotes is quite easy as you just enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on these factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best price on car insurance.
There is a better way!
The quickest way to compare car insurance pricing requires only one form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much easier. After sending the form, it is rated and you are able to buy any of the price quotes you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Delaware, follow this link.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Newport?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Delaware insurance information
Even more information is located at the Delaware Department of Insurance website. Delaware drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, learn about specific coverages, and find out industry alerts.
These articles may also be worth reading.