Comparison shopping for cheap South Hill car insurance can be frustrating for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. Drivers have so many options that it can easily be a real hassle to find cheaper car insurance rates.
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can take hours if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with agents in South Hill, or you could use the internet to get the quickest rates.
Many popular insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company can give them a price. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to each company.
To compare pricing click to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers you want to price. So if you want to select from a list of companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in Virginia. View list of Virginia insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare exactly the same coverage limits on every price quote you get. If your comparisons have different values for each quote you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best in South Hill.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a . The discount lasts until age 25.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Theft Deterent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Geico discounts include seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, air bags, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, good student, payment discounts, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, preferred payment discount, newly married, new graduate, and multi-car.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in South Hill. If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Virginia, click here.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local South Hill car insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local South Hill insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. South Hill agents can be classified as either captive agents or independent agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Captive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Captive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people choose to use a captive agent mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you should always include rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below are South Hill independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Agency Of America Inc – 200 S Hill Ave – South Hill, VA 23970 – (434) 955-2000
- Watkins Insurance Inc – 133 N Mecklenburg Ave – South Hill, VA 23970 – (434) 447-3544
- Crowder and Holloway Insurance – 109 S Mecklenburg Ave – South Hill, VA 23970 – (434) 447-3434
To choose from more South Hill insurance agents, you may want to visit this complete selection of South Hill, VA car insurance agencies.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Virginia?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Even more information can be found at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Virginia drivers can download brochures, report car insurance fraud, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Best coverage at the best price
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.