Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
You have so many insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
You need to get comparison quotes yearly because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rates a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Cheap Bettendorf Auto Insurance Comparisons
Most companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly simple as you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once entered, their rating system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit different websites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest price.
There is a better way to compare rates
A more efficient way to find better auto insurance pricing is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online quotes a lot less work. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you can choose any of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
What impacts Bettendorf insurance rates?
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Credit history is a important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates because of job stress and long work days. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and performers get better rates.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
More detailed Iowa auto insurance information is located at the Iowa Insurance Division website. Iowa drivers can find disaster information, download brochures, report car insurance fraud, and read industry bulletins.
Keep this in mind
Low-cost auto insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Bettendorf agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.