Locating affordable Beverly Hills auto insurance online can seem to be somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with online price comparisons. With so many insurance agents and companies, how can you have time to compare every company to locate the best available price?
Lower-cost Michigan auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- E-sign – Some companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, accident-free, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Geico may offer discounts for federal employee, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
When getting , it’s a good idea to each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Beverly Hills.
When looking for , there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The recommended way to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
Experts agree that the best way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This quick form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets prices estimates instantly. It’s definitely the quickest method.
A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online requires visiting each company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to see prices from State Farm, Allstate and GMAC. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, and that explains why we recommend the first method.
To view a list of companies in Beverly Hills, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages with every price quote. If your comparisons have different coverage information it will be next to impossible to determine which company has the best rates in Beverly Hills. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more company’s prices increases your odds of finding a lower rate.
Why smart consumers pay less for insurance in Beverly Hills
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Male costs may be higher – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Certain vocations raise prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like judges, business owners and dentists usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- More policies can equal more savings – Lots of insurance companies afford better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Performance influences insurance prices – The performance level of the car or truck you are insuring makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Auto insurance advertisements
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads convey the message of big savings if you move your coverage. How is it plausible that every one can give you a lower rate? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance providers have underwriting criteria for the type of customer that earns them the most money. An example of this type of insured could possibly be a married female, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. Anyone who meets those qualifications will get very good Beverly Hills premium rates and will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall short of the requirements will probably be forced to pay a higher rate which results in the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can lure you into getting a quote. That is why you really need to compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you , the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious auto insurance is available both online and with local Beverly Hills insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Some additional reading
Additional detailed information is available at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, file complaints about a company, and find a variety of consumer forms.