Saving money on Brush auto insurance is always challenging for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. There are so many options available that it can turn into a big hassle to find cheaper prices in Colorado.
Take advantage of these money-saving discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Brush drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower prices.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click this link.
Comparing rates from local Brush insurance agencies
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Brush.
By using this short form, your information is emailed to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When looking for a good Brush insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Brush are categorized either independent agents or captive agents. Either type can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Brush that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Ingmire Phillips Insurance Inc – 216 Clayton St – Brush, CO 80723 – (970) 842-2831
- Gregg Mullen Insurance Inc – 209 Clayton St – Brush, CO 80723 – (970) 842-4555
Captive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company like State Farm or Allstate. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same captive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
After getting acceptable answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is professional and can service your policy.
Additional information is available on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website through this link. Colorado drivers can view agent and company licensing information, download brochures, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read industry bulletins.
We covered many ideas to reduce auto insurance premium rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more you , the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Brush agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.