Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can drain your monthly budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute lowest rate
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance in Bartlett is not that difficult. Illinois drivers just need to understand the proper way to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
Compare quotes for Bartlett auto insurance
Reducing your insurance rates is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to invest a little time comparing online with multiple companies. This can be done by following the guidelines below.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing a different quote to each individual auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form gets insurance cost estimates from multiple companies.
- A harder way to analyze rates is going to the website for every company you want to comare and go through the quote process again. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for USAA, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. You would be required to spend time going to each site individually and repeatedly enter your information, which is not fast way to get rate quotes. For a list of links to insurance companies in Bartlett, click here.
- The hardest way to quote and compare insurance rates is making phone calls or going to insurance agencies in your area. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates this option unless you require the professional guidance only provided by licensed Bartlett agents. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but buy the policy through an agent.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare equivalent coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Bartlett.
Don’t overlook these auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Theft Deterent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- New Car Discount – Putting coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, anti-theft, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Allstate has savings for resident student, auto/life discount, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, eSmart discount, EZ pay plan discount, and teenSMART discount.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver
When getting , it’s a good idea to each company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Illinois, click here.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Bartlett.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Bartlett who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below are agents in Bartlett willing to provide comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 381 S Prospect Ave, Bartlett, IL 60103 – (630) 830-5600
American Family Insurance – 7n331 S Bartlett Rd, Bartlett, IL 60103 – (630) 289-6200
Affluent Insurance – 850 W Bartlett Rd # 2c, Bartlett, IL 60103 – (630) 372-8487
Dianne Wittmann Agency – 387 S Prospect Ave, Bartlett, IL 60103 – (630) 837-0777
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Once you have received good answers and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a company that meets the requirements to properly service your auto insurance policy.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the minimum liability in Illinois?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
How your Bartlett costs are determined
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower premium levels. Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most common factors that factor into your premiums.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder vehicle theft.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have serious violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Liability coverage is critical – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurance companies afford better rates to clients who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Getting married pays dividends – Getting married can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your car or truck earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Cheaper coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes small, regional companies sell through independent agencies. Low-cost auto insurance is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
To learn more about auto insurance in Illinois
Additional auto insurance information is available on the through this link. Consumers can read consumer alerts, view a list of available companies, and learn about specific coverages.
These articles may also be worth reading.