Are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance companies in Bethel? Many other drivers are as well. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a big hassle to find lower rates.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best deal last year a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest and easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Alaska, click here.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Bethel
All major car insurance companies provide prices for coverage online. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just enter your coverage information into a form. When complete, their system will order your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on these factors.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to different websites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find the best price on car insurance.
The easy way to compare rates
A quicker way to compare car insurance pricing requires only one form that gets prices from several different companies. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes quoting online much easier to do. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can select any one of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you’re receiving comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Smart Consumers Save More
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- A clean driving record saves money – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. If you have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Consumers in Alaska can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and Geico. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. You cannot predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Alaska insurance information
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Alaska Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, view agent and company licensing information, and view a list of available companies.