Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your vehicles every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers. Companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use this information to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance in Elko is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevada drivers just need to understand the best way to shop online.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Elko, click this link.
How to Get Elko Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
All major car insurance companies allow you to get price estimates on the web. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, their system collects your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit several different sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price possible.
A more efficient way to find lower prices uses one simple form to get prices from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much more efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced and you can choose your choice of the quote results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Insurance agents can help
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
More quotes mean more savings
Affordable car insurance is possible both online in addition to many Elko insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.