Scraping up a payment for overpriced auto insurance can drain your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you’re not throwing money away. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite lowest rate possible.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates in Harrodsburg is not that difficult. Kentucky vehicle owners only need an understanding of the tricks to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance companies do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Harrodsburg may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Harrodsburg, click this link.
Additional detailed information is located at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Kentucky consumers can view a list of available companies, find disaster information, find a variety of consumer forms, and get help finding coverage.
Quote more, save more
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.