Finding more affordable prices for Hoffman Estates auto insurance is quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to online insurance quotes. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a burden to locate the lowest price in Illinois.
To find the best auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from local Hoffman Estates auto insurance companies. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for insurance is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate quotes to each individual auto insurance company. A single form will return price quotes direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to compare prices is going to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare prices for Farmers, GEICO and GMAC. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which can get rather old. For a list of companies in Hoffman Estates, click here.
- The old school method to get rate quotes is to spend your day driving to all the different insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use nearly identical coverage data on every price quote you get. If your comparisons have mixed coverages you will not be able to make a fair rate comparison in Hoffman Estates. Just a small difference in insurance coverages could throw off the whole comparison. Keep in mind that quoting more helps you find more affordable rates.
Do drivers who switch really save $414 a year?
Respected companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads seem to make the promise that you can save just by switching your auto insurance policy to them. That’s great but how can every company charge you less for car insurance? You have to listen carefully.
Many companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. An example of a desirable insured may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any customer who matches that profile will probably get the lowest prices and most likely will cut their rates if they switch.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will be charged higher prices which results in the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings.
This really illustrates why you need to get as many as possible. Because you cannot predict the company that will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Double check you’re getting these money-saving discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Online Discount – Certain companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- One Accident Forgiven – but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
To see providers who offer discounts in Hoffman Estates, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Hoffman Estates.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Hoffman Estates that can give you for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
When finding a local agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in Hoffman Estates can be described as either independent or captive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Hoffman Estates that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- Brazelton Insurance Inc – 2543 W Golf Rd – Hoffman Estates, IL 60194 – (847) 882-4800
- G and G Insurance – 1575 Jefferson Rd – Hoffman Estates, IL 60195 – (847) 781-1838
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captives cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from captive agents mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are captive agents in Hoffman Estates that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 3333 Beverly Rd – Hoffman Estates, IL 60192 – (847) 645-0025
- American Family Insurance – 2155 Stonington Ave # 210 – Hoffman Estates, IL 60195 – (847) 310-1990
To see available agencies near you, link to this complete selection of insurance agencies in Hoffman Estates, IL.
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Illinois?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you feel you receive good answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Illinois?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the website for the Illinois Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Consumers can find disaster information, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about insurance regulations.
Smart consumers save more
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, denial of a claim, high prices and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Budget-friendly auto insurance is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.