Purchasing affordable Huntington car insurance over the internet may be impossible for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. Since there are so many online companies, how can consumers possibly compare the different rates to find the lowest rates?
This article will instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. West Virginia drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to compare prices online.
Where Can I Get Cheap Huntington Car Insurance?
Lowering your car insurance rates can be relatively painless. All that’s required is to spend a little time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company. One quote request gets you coverage quotes from many national carriers. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes is going to the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Allstate, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Huntington, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, comparison shop online and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using exactly the same quote information on every quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages you will not be able to make an equal comparison in Huntington.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
More sites with car insurance information
Additional information is available on the West Virginia Insurance Commission website located here. Consumers can find disaster information, learn about specific coverages, and file complaints about a company.