Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Kansas.
You have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a great practice to compare prices at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest price on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs in Junction City, KS
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. By far the easiest way to compare insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company. One form will get you rate comparisons from several companies.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes requires visiting the website of each company to request a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Geico, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in Junction City, click here.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages on every quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal in Junction City. Slightly different insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps locate a lower rate.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-85.jpg" alt="Junction City Kansas auto insurance“/>
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Junction City, click this link.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Why your price might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most car insurance companies give discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Affordable car insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Junction City agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or Geico.
More consumer information in Kansas
More detailed Kansas car insurance information can be read at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas drivers can download brochures, read consumer alerts, and discover disciplinary actions.
Other informative sites include this online resource for free quotes in Kansas and this link where you can get more info about Junction City coverage.