Are you confused by the dozens of auto insurance companies in Laredo? Many other consumers are too. There are so many options that it can be a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance in Laredo, Texas
Finding lower auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. You just need to take the time to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will return quotes instantly. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A harder way to find lower rates is going to the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, Esurance and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Laredo, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is to spend time driving to different Laredo agent offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area.
However you get your quotes, compare identical quote information on every quote you get. If you are comparing different values for each quote it will be impossible to make an equal comparison in Laredo.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
But buying car insurance online seems impersonal
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local businesses is especially important in Laredo.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy!
Two types of Laredo auto insurance agents
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Laredo are either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both types can write coverage properly, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you contact at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Laredo independent insurance agents that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Fred Loya Insurance – 220 N Zapata Hwy # 3 – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-9999
- Cuellar Insurance and Assoc – 8611 Mcpherson Ave – Laredo, TX 78045 – (956) 753-2845
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are captive agencies in Laredo that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 720 N Zapata Hwy # C – Laredo, TX 78043 – (956) 729-9958
- Allstate Insurance – 709 Alta Vista Dr # 101 – Laredo, TX 78041 – (956) 726-4649
To view a full list of captive insurance agents in Laredo, visit this link.
Selecting an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How long has their agency been open in Laredo?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
After receiving positive responses and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Older drivers pay less – Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Insurance companies in Texas give discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Affordable insurance is out there
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Learn more about auto insurance in Texas
More information can be read on the Texas Department of Insurance website located here. Texas drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, read consumer alerts, and view a list of available companies.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Laredo