Purchasing affordable Las Vegas auto insurance on the internet is rather challenging for consumers new to comparing rates online. Since there are so many choices, how can you possibly compare them all to find the best available rates?
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can learn to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Pricing affordable auto insurance in Las Vegas is quite easy. New Mexico drivers just need to understand the tricks to compare company rates online.
Where Can I Get Cheap Las Vegas Auto Insurance?
Finding a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. Just invest a little time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A harder way to get quotes online requires visiting the website of each company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Progressive, State Farm and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Las Vegas, click here.
- The least recommended method of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to local Las Vegas insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local Las Vegas agent. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use apples-to-apples information for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different liability limits it’s impossible to determine the best price in Las Vegas.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
More New Mexico auto insurance resources
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the New Mexico Insurance Division website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and view agent and company licensing information.
These articles may also be worth reading.