Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, many Lewisville consumers are in the same pinch. Big companies like Geico, 21st Century and Progressive promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Lewisville is not that difficult. Texas consumers just need to understand the most effective way to buy car insurance on the web.
Finding cheap Lewisville car insurance rates is a great way to save money. You just need to take time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company. Filling out one form gets coverage cost estimates instantly.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates requires a visit to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from Progressive, Safeco and State Farm. You would have to take the time to go to each site and punch in your information repeatedly, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Lewisville, click here.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended way to do your price quoting is to spend time driving to different Lewisville agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Drivers can get prices online and still use a local agent.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but be certain you are entering the same coverage limits on every quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to make a fair rate comparison in Lewisville.
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Consumers can’t get away from ads that claim the lowest rates by companies like Progressive, Allstate and Geico. They all seem to make the point that drivers will save a bundle if you change your policy.
It sounds good, but how can they all have lower policy pricing? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. A good example of a desirable insured may be over the age of 50, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who fits that profile will get low auto insurance rates and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for those criteria will be quoted a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you should compare often. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest rates.
Earn discounts on Lewisville car insurance
Companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you .
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount on the internet.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include alternative fuel, pay in full, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, claim free, DriveSense, and defensive driver.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, student away at school, anti-theft, good student, and good driver.
- Geico includes discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, 55 and retired, anti-theft, defensive driver, and teenSMART discount.
Before buying, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Savings may not be available in Lewisville. If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer free car insurance quotes in Lewisville, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Lewisville.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a good Lewisville insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures to choose from. Car insurance agents are considered either captive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Lewisville that can possibly get you price quotes.
North Texas Insurance – 1422 W Main St # 102 – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 436-2015
Fenley General Agency Inc – 217 S Stemmons Fwy – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 434-3614
Direct General Ins Agency – 1288 W Main St – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 956-9136
Eddie Hurst Agency – 535 W Purnell Rd – Lewisville, TX 75057 – (972) 221-3354
Metropolitan Insurance – 135 Twin Lakes Dr – Lewisville, TX 75077 – (682) 831-0437
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Below are captive insurance agents in Lewisville that can give you comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 1388 W Main St – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 221-3744
State Farm Insurance – 1825 Lakeway Dr – Lewisville, TX 75057 – (469) 549-4659
For insurance agencies in your area, visit this list of Lewisville Texas car insurance agents.
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will they give you a referral list?
More information is located on the . Click here for link. Texas consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, read state legal mandates and laws, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and get help finding coverage.
More related Lewisville car insurance information:
Compare but don’t skimp
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.