Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance company choices in Miramar? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many choices that it can turn into a lot of work to find lower rates.
This article will introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Nevertheless, Florida consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies price online insurance.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Miramar, FL
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from different in Miramar, FLinsurance companies. The best way to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for every car insurance company. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
A different way to get comparison quotes is going to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare Auto-Owners, State Farm and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Miramar, click here.
The hardest method to compare rates is to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the personal advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area. We’ll cover that shortly.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to make an equal comparison in Miramar. Quoting even small variations in limits can make a big difference in price. Just remember that quoting more helps locate the best offered rates.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Miramar.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Miramar who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent.
Different types of insurance agencies in Miramar
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Miramar are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are Miramar independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- A Automotive Insurance Inc – 7154 Pembroke Rd – Miramar, FL 33023 – (954) 893-0005
- Affinity Insurance Group Inc – 6134 Miramar Pkwy – Miramar, FL 33023 – (954) 965-3999
Captive agents work for only one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Miramar willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 6890 Miramar Pkwy # G – Miramar, FL 33023 – (954) 966-6767
- State Farm Insurance – 16203 Miramar Pkwy – Miramar, FL 33027 – (954) 442-4022
For a full directory of car insurance agents in Miramar, click here to link.
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Upon getting good answers for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will properly service your car insurance policy.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Florida?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
What determines how much you pay?
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like lawyers, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Car features impact rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Companies in Florida award better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your credit score.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Cheaper car insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Miramar agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more Florida car insurance information
Much more information about car insurance in Florida can be found on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Click here for link. Florida drivers can view a list of available companies, find disaster information, and get help finding coverage.
More related Miramar car insurance information: