Have you had enough of paying out the nose to insure your vehicles every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Many auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest price
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Morgan City is not rocket science. Although Louisiana car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies market insurance on the web.
How to Get Car Insurance in Morgan City, LA
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. One quote request gets you coverage quotes from multiple companies.
- Another way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to each company’s website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from Nationwide, Esurance and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Morgan City, click here.
- The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice of a local agent. Drivers can compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use exactly the same quote information for each price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits you can’t possibly determine the best price in Morgan City. Slightly different coverages may result in large price differences. And when quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and Geico constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the same claim of big savings if you switch to them. How do they all make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings. This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Buy Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose insurers offering car insurance discounts in Morgan City, follow this link.
But I prefer to buy car insurance from an agent
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will compete to get your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates AND an agent nearby.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Morgan City?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good Morgan City insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Morgan City can either be independent (non-captive) or captive.
These agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captives cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of captive agencies in Morgan City who may provide you with price quote information.
Allstate Insurance – 1200 Victor Ii Blvd – Morgan City, LA 70380 – (985) 384-2510
Farm Bureau Insurance – 512 Roderick St – Morgan City, LA 70380 – (985) 384-4634
State Farm Insurance – 1111 9th St – Morgan City, LA 70380 – (985) 702-0702
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Morgan City independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Gilbert Blanchard Insurance – 1317 Southeast Blvd – Morgan City, LA 70380 – (985) 395-4601
Madeline Venable Agency Inc – 924 6th St – Morgan City, LA 70380 – (985) 384-5511
Paul’s Insurance Inc – 1200 Greenwood St – Morgan City, LA 70380 – (985) 384-4450
To view a complete directory of licensed insurance agents in Morgan City, please click here.
Once you have reasonable responses to your questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
And the best car insurance company is…
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Learn more about Louisiana car insurance
More detailed Louisiana car insurance information is located at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Louisiana drivers can learn about specific coverages, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, discover disciplinary actions, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.