Finding lower rates for Norfolk car insurance is a challenge for people who are new to comparison shopping online. There are so many choices that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest price in Norfolk.
You should make it a habit to check car insurance prices yearly due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest price last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
How to Get Car Insurance in Norfolk, Nebraska
All major car insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get prices online. Obtaining pricing is fairly straightforward as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote.
Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get better car insurance pricing.
There is a better way to compare rates
An easier way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form to return rates from more than one company. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable. After sending your information, it is rated and you can select any one of the returned quotes.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It takes 15 minutes at the most and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some companies will give a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Additional information can be read on the Nebraska Department of Insurance website found here. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, view agent and company licensing information, and learn about specific coverages.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small mutual company.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.