Price shopping your Parker car insurance can seem to be challenging for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. You have so many options that it can turn into a lot of work to find lower rates in Parker.
It’s smart to shop coverage around periodically because rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to find better coverage at a better price.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Buying the cheapest protection in Parker can be fairly easy. Colorado consumers only need an understanding of how to get comparison quotes online.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison in Parker
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be exhausting if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance agencies in Parker, or you could use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each company returns a competitive quote. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in Colorado. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you compare different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison in Parker.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Buying car insurance locally
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Parker who will battle for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to your email. How cool is that?!
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long has their agency been open in Parker?
What type of Parker car insurance agent is right for you?
When finding a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either captive or independent. Both do a good job, but it’s worth learning the differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose
Captive agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive insurance agencies in Parker who can help you get price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance – 19039 E Plaza Dr # 210 – Parker, CO 80134 – (303) 840-4614
- Allstate Insurance – 12753 S Parker Rd – Parker, CO 80134 – (720) 842-1498
- American Family Insurance – 11280 S Twenty Mile Rd # 107 – Parker, CO 80134 – (303) 805-1283
- Farmers Insurance Group – 10405 S Parker Rd – Parker, CO 80134 – (303) 841-5863
- State Farm Insurance – 17735 Cottonwood Dr – Parker, CO 80134 – (303) 690-9500
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which can save you money.
Below are Parker independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Boone and Heffernan Insurance – 10911 Parker Vista Rd – Parker, CO 80138 – (303) 805-1311
- Howard Vaughan Agency Inc – 13059 S Parker Rd – Parker, CO 80134 – (303) 721-9333
- Storie Insurance and Financial – 19563 E Main St # 204 – Parker, CO 80138 – (303) 840-7540
To view a full list of Parker insurance agents, please click here.
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Parker
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The type of car you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like judges, business owners and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other occupations like actors, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some car insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Your credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Smart consumers save more
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Cheaper car insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Parker insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Even more information is located at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, discover disciplinary actions, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
Other related articles: