Buying the most affordable Riverhead car insurance can be rather difficult for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and buying their car insurance over the internet. With dozens of insurers to choose from, how can vehicle owners efficiently compare every company in order to find cheaper car insurance rates?
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance prices and some are less time-consuming than others. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with insurance agencies in Riverhead, or you could use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each company can provide price quotes based on that information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to every company.
To use this form to compare rates click to open in new window.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which carriers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in New York. Click here for list of insurance companies in New York.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare identical coverages and limits on every price quote you get. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to get a fair rate comparison in Riverhead. Just a small difference in limits could throw off the whole comparison. Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Not every company provides quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
Discount Riverhead car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always publicize all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you . If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Riverhead is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Onboard Data Collection – Riverhead drivers who agree to allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It could save around 10% when you .
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, business and professional, switch companies, pay in full, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including renewal discount, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Allstate may have discounts that include premier discount, early signing, premier plus, auto/life discount, FullPay discount, EZ pay plan discount, and teenSMART discount.
- Geico discounts include five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, federal employee, and good student.
If you are trying to find , ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Discounts might not apply everywhere. To locate providers offering car insurance discounts in Riverhead, click here to view.
Local Riverhead car insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Riverhead that can give you for your business. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Riverhead?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Riverhead are categorized either captive or independent.
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be captive have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people buy from captive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below are captive agents in Riverhead willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Co – 719 E Main St – Riverhead, NY 11901 – (631) 208-1200
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Riverhead that are able to give price quotes.
- Ed Graves Agency Inc – 1149 Old Country Rd # B5 – Riverhead, NY 11901 – (631) 727-1122
- Lighthouse Agency – 221 W Main St – Riverhead, NY 11901 – (631) 369-9600
- Power Insurance Co – Route 58 – Riverhead, NY 11901 – (631) 369-3444
- Giacalone Insurance – 57 E Main St – Riverhead, NY 11901 – (631) 208-9090
- Washwick Agency – 860 E Main St – Riverhead, NY 11901 – (631) 369-0888
To view additional licensed insurance agents in Riverhead, view this full listing of car insurance agents in Riverhead.
Additional detailed information is available at the New York Department of Financial Services website. New York consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, download brochures, and get help finding coverage.
More affordable car insurance is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so get from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
When you , it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.