Perplexed by the wide range of auto insurance company choices in Searcy? You have a lot of company. People have so many choices that it can easily become a ton of work to find the lowest price.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Arkansas drivers can file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Do the work, save more money
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented many ways to save on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier.