Confused by the crazy number of car insurance choices in Shakopee? You’re not the only one! There are so many choices that it can easily become a big hassle to locate the lowest price.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes occasionally since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest price on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, so I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to find affordable car insurance.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Shakopee
Finding cheaper car insurance prices is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The best way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One quote request gets rate comparisons from multiple companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates requires a visit to the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Shakopee, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to different agent offices. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you want the trained guidance of a local agent. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll touch on that later.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits with every price quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Shakopee.
Take discounts and save
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-17.jpg" alt="Minnesota car insurance prices”/>
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
For a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Shakopee, click here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Shakopee?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What are Minnesota no-fault laws?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
For more reading
Additional car insurance information can be read on the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Click here for link. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, learn about specific coverages, find a variety of consumer forms, and discover disciplinary actions.