Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s important to compare rates before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
How to Compare Auto Insurance in Simpsonville, SC
There are a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance, but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time driving to agents in Simpsonville, or you can stay home and use online quoting to maximize your effort.
Many popular insurance companies take part in a program where prospective buyers complete one form, and each company can give them a price for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each company.
To compare pricing click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly the providers you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select specific providers to compare prices, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in South Carolina. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverages with every price quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in Simpsonville. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
To choose providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Simpsonville, follow this link.
Additional information can be found on the website for the South Carolina Department of Insurance through this link. South Carolina consumers can find out industry alerts, file complaints about a company, learn about insurance regulations, and view agent and company licensing information.