Are you drained from not being able to scrape enough together each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other consumers in Louisiana. Due to the large number of insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the lowest price insurance company.
Buying car insurance in Springhill is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Louisiana drivers only need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Learn how to quote car insurance for less
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- High car insurance claims frequency drives up premiums – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Companies in Louisiana generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Combine policies and save – The majority of insurers give better rates to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Uninterrupted coverage saves money – Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents , and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers tend to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Bad drivers pay high prices – Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have multiple violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Lowering your car insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. The only requirement is to take time to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. Rate comparisons can be done in several different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotes for every prospective company. A single, simple form gets prices estimates from many national carriers.
- A more difficult way to find more affordable insurance consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare and repeat the quote process. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Allstate and Geico. To do that, you would have to navigate to each company’s site and repeatedly enter your information, and that explains why we recommend the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Springhill, click here.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but do your best to use the same quote information on every price quote you get. If you have different data you can’t possibly determine the best price in Springhill.
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Louisiana consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you switch to them.
How does every car insurance company sell you cheaper insurance coverage?
All companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that makes them money. One example of this type of risk profile may be married and over the age of 30, has other policies, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone who fits that profile may get the lowest auto insurance rates in Springhill and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet this stringent profile will probably have to pay higher prices and business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best prices. Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Do you qualify for discount car insurance?
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Springhill Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount – Springhill drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive reduced rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on car insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, multiple policy, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good student, good driver
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, and youthful driver.
- Geico may include discounts for good student, federal employee, air bags, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in your area. To view providers with the best discounts in Springhill, follow this link.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Louisiana?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Even more information is available at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Louisiana consumers can read consumer alerts, file complaints about a company, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about insurance regulations.
Persistence pays off
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce car insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and Geico.
The cheapest car insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Springhill agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When getting , never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.