Sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than many other drivers in California.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all promote huge savings with ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Additional consumer information websites
Even more information can be read at the California Department of Insurance website. California consumers can view agent and company licensing information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and get help finding coverage.
These articles may also be worth reading.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious auto insurance is attainable on the web and with local Sunnyvale insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.