Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your vehicles every month? You have the same problem as many other people in California. Having so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to locate the lowest cost car insurance provider.
To get , there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from car insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is quite simple and can be completed in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- Experts agree that the best way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for separate quotes to each individual car insurance company. Filling out one form will return quotes from all major companies.
- Another way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, State Farm and Allstate. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Thousand Oaks, click here.
- The hardest method to find cheaper rates to all the different Thousand Oaks insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the peace of mind of a local Thousand Oaks agent. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples information for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to find the best deal in Thousand Oaks. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits may result in a large different in cost. And when quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding a better price. Some smaller insurers to not give rate quotes online, so you need to compare price quotes from them as well.
You may qualify for discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, good student, and renewal discount.
- Geico offers discounts for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, air bags, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
When getting , it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To locate providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Thousand Oaks, click this link.
More California car insurance information
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the California Department of Insurance website. California consumers can report car insurance fraud, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and discover disciplinary actions.
The following information may also be useful.