Shopping for the most affordable Tifton auto insurance can be problematic for vehicle owners new to comparison shopping over the internet. With so many insurance agents and companies competing online, how can you possibly compare every auto insurance company to find better auto insurance prices?
Finding the best rates in Tifton is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Although Georgia car owners do need to understand the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Seven ways to quote auto insurance more affordably in Tifton
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Always keep your policy in force – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department.
- Liability insurance preserves assets – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Youthful vs. older drivers – Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents , and are generally more financially stable.
- Know your credit rating – Your credit history factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Occupation and insurance auto insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like lawyerspolice officers and miners generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs like professors, engineers and performers get better rates.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart theives like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Discounts can really help save money
Car insurance companies do not list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get cheaper prices.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including switch companies, pay in full, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- Geico includes discounts for driver training, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including renters, online shopper, defensive driver, safety device, and Switch & Save.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, student away at school, driver’s education, accident-free, and defensive driving training.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. To locate auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Georgia?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Additional auto insurance links
Even more information is located at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, file complaints about a company, and view agent and company licensing information.
More comparisons equals lower rates
We just presented a lot of ways to save on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Tifton agents, so get from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.