Saving money on Ulysses car insurance is always hard for drivers who are new to online comparison shopping. Consumers have so many options that it can easily become a real challenge to find a more affordable company.
You should take the time to price shop coverage quite often because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate a couple years back you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to buy cheaper car insurance.
Finding the best rates in Ulysses is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Kansas drivers only need to know how to find the lowest price online.
There are several ways to compare car insurance prices and some are more efficient than others. You can waste hours driving to insurance companies in Ulysses, or you could use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company provides a quote determined by their information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to every company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify the providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in Kansas. View list of Kansas insurance companies.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be sure you’re using equivalent coverage data for every company. If the quotes have different data then you won’t be able to make a fair rate comparison in Ulysses.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger car insurance companies have better car insurancerates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Student – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, military active duty, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Travelers includes discounts for early quote, good student, driver training, save driver, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for early shopping, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- Esurance may include discounts for safety device, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and renters.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, professional/association, annual mileage, ease of repair, and accident-free.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Ulysses. To view providers with discount car insurance rates in Kansas, click this link.
Smart consumers can cut their premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Living in a small town can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Prevent theft and save – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Experienced drivers save more – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.Youthful drivers are proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Single drivers may have higher rates – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your car insurance bill. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – An insured’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Get rate quotes or from auto insurance agents
Many drivers still like to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Ulysses that can provide for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kansas?
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies can either be captive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Captive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of captive insurance agents in Ulysses who can help you get price quote information.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 924 W Oklahoma Ave – Ulysses, KS 67880 – (620) 356-4646
- State Farm Insurance – 123 W Grant Ave – Ulysses, KS 67880 – (620) 356-3066
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Ulysses who can help you get price quote information.
- Moore Agency – 214 N Main St – Ulysses, KS 67880 – (620) 356-5765
- Sullivan Insurance – 123 W Central Ave # A – Ulysses, KS 67880 – (620) 356-4846
- Lana Long Agency – 220 N Main St # A – Ulysses, KS 67880 – (620) 356-3300
- Grant County Insurance – 112 W Central Ave – Ulysses, KS 67880 – (620) 356-4182
To view more insurance agents in Ulysses, view this list of Ulysses insurance agents.
After getting good responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance.
Even more information can be read at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas consumers can download brochures, read consumer alerts, and learn about specific coverages.
There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Cost effective car insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Ulysses agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your car insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.