Car insurance shoppers not familiar with price shopping insurance coverage online are likely to find locating is more work than they thought.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rate last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can take time and effort if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You could waste time driving to insurance agencies in Valentine, or you can stay home and use the internet to maximize your effort.
Many insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To get comparison pricing now click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which companies you want pricing from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in Nebraska. Click here for list of insurance companies in Nebraska.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare equivalent quote information for each comparison quote. If you enter mixed coverages you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Valentine. Just a small difference in limits may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and Geico allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 on the web.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
Just know that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-car, newly retired, teen driver discount, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good student, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including alternative fuel, switch companies, multi-car, business and professional, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for air bags, group or association, anti-theft, company car, teen driver, good student, and safe driver.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, drive less, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
If you want , ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Valentine. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Nebraska, click here to view.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
More detailed Nebraska auto insurance information is located at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska drivers can read consumer alerts, discover disciplinary actions, read state legal mandates and laws, and view a list of available companies.