Car insurance shoppers not familiar with price shopping insurance online will find buying is more work than they thought.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage quite often because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rate a couple years back you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There are a lot of ways to save on auto insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to buy auto insurance cheaper.
Comparing auto insurance rates can take time and effort if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You could spend your day talking to local insurance agents in Wildwood, or you could use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and every company then gives them pricing based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote forms to every company.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of system is you don’t know exactly which providers you want to price. So if you want to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of companies who write auto insurance in New Jersey. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use identical quote data on every quote you get. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine which company has the best rates in Wildwood.
Get affordable rates with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-13.jpg" alt="Wildwood New Jersey insurance quotes” />
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will lower the premium cost.
To locate insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes in New Jersey, click here to view.
Price influencing factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Always have auto insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- File a claims and pay more – Companies in New Jersey provide discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Occupation and insurance rates – Occupations like fire fighters, business owners and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Save money by raising deductibles – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. People who have dangerous tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Performance impacts costs – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates are usually found on low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Less chance of injury means lower auto insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
Even more information is available at the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance website. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find out industry alerts.
Do auto insurance companies bend the truth?
New Jersey drivers can’t escape the ads for cheaper auto insurance from companies such as Allstate, Geico and Progressive. They all state the claim about saving some big amount if you get a free and switch your coverage to them.
How is it plausible that every one can charge lower premium rates? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers have specific guidelines for a prospective insured that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a profitable risk profile may need to be a mature driver, has a clear driving record, and drives a safe vehicle. Any person who matches that profile will get low prices and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Insureds who are not a match for those standards will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate which translates to the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. This really emphasizes why drivers should compare as many as you can. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Buy online or local, you save
Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Wildwood agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.