Nobody likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Take advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for A4 coverage with certain companies.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Audi A4 rates are complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit rating is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Audi A4 by improving your rating.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Affordable insurance is out there
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Audi A4 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.