Think you have an overpriced auto insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because many Camas consumers are in the same pinch. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century may include discounts for theft prevention, good student, 55 and older, teen driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Most of the larger companies provide coverage price quotes online. Getting prices online is possible for anyone because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. Online price estimates makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to different websites and type in the same information is a waste of time. But it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to get a lower rate.
A more efficient way to find better auto insurance pricing requires only one form that analyzes rates from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much easier. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Best coverage at the best price
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.