Purchasing cheaper Gardendale car insurance on the internet is challenging for people that are relatively new to comparing prices online. With dozens of insurance companies available, how are people able to have the ability to compare them all to find the cheapest rates?
It’s smart to do price comparisons quite often because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best price at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
How to buy Gardendale car insurance online
Finding low cost car insurance prices isn’t really that difficult. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing rates from some recommended companies. This can easily be done by following the guidelines below.
- The simplest way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This quick form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. A single form will get you price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to find better pricing requires a trip to each company website and get a separate price quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you are doing a rate comparison from Liberty Mutual, Allstate and Farmers. To get each rate you have to go to each individual site and type in your information over and over, which can get old fast.
To view a list of companies in Gardendale, click here.
- The most difficult method to get rate quotes is driving to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional abilities only provided by licensed Gardendale agents. It is possible to find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s up to you which method you use, but do your best to use the exact same quote information with each company. If you compare mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to make a fair rate comparison in Gardendale.
These nine discounts can lower car insurance rates
Companies do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get better car insurance rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies who may offer these discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When getting , it’s a good idea to every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurers that offer discounts in Alabama, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Gardendale that can give you to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking a company should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you need to find a reliable agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can write car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents in the captive channel work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Captives cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are Gardendale captive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 2532 Decatur Hwy – Gardendale, AL 35071 – (205) 631-5812
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Gardendale who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Jeff Rasbury Insurance – 1420 Northbrook Dr – Gardendale, AL 35071 – (205) 631-2050
- Allison Agency Inc – 1021 Main St – Gardendale, AL 35071 – (205) 608-1884
- Gurley-Cooke Agency Inc – 1084 Main St – Gardendale, AL 35071 – (205) 631-5673
To choose from more car insurance agents in Gardendale, feel free to visit this page of insurance agents in Gardendale.
More detailed Alabama car insurance information is located at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, find a variety of consumer forms, find out industry alerts, and learn about specific coverages.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, loss of income and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Alabama state law requires minimum liability limits of 25,000/50,000/25,000 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Alabama drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
More quotes mean more savings
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
More affordable car insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Gardendale agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you , the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.