Searching for budget Paris car insurance over the internet may seem to be rather difficult for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates and buying car insurance over the internet. With more and more companies competing online, how are we expected to effectively compare each option to find cheaper car insurance rates?
Consumers need to do rate comparisons at least once a year since prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Reduce your car insurance rates with these nine discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can earn substantially lower prices.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see insurers who offer discounts in Paris, click this link.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes is to understand most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if you lease or own, how much school you completed, an estimate of your credit level, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your information is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Paris auto insurance agent
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Paris.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Paris?
If you want a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Paris agents may be either captive agents or independent agents. Either type can handle car insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Paris who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Logan County Insurance – 3620 E Walnut St – Paris, AR 72855 – (479) 963-6185
- Nationwide Insurance – 11 W Main St – Paris, AR 72855 – (479) 963-3968
- Arkansas Valley Agency – 29 N Express St – Paris, AR 72855 – (479) 963-3190
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the captive channel write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Captive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are Paris captive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance – 507 E Walnut St – Paris, AR 72855 – (479) 963-3006
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 307 Pennington Dr – Paris, AR 72855 – (479) 963-2929
To view agents near you, please visit this full listing of car insurance agents in Paris.
Deciding on an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your vehicle.
Due to the fact that many Arkansas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Arkansas limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like rock chips in glass, falling objects, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as nursing services, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, court costs and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Arkansas requires minimum liability limits of 25,000/50,000/25,000 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Online plus local equals savings
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, denial of a claim or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
Discount car insurance can be found online in addition to many Paris insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the through this link. Arkansas consumers can find disaster information, file complaints about a company, find out industry alerts, and learn about insurance regulations.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Paris